This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't set execute permission ?
- To: John Darrington <j dot darrington at student dot murdoch dot edu dot au>
- Subject: Re: Can't set execute permission ?
- From: Andrew Thompson <andrew at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:21:49 +1200 (NZST)
- cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
I think you nead to set the CYGWIN32 environment variable to 'ntea'. This
allows all the permissions to work. (I may be wrong but I think this is
only recommended for an NTFS NT partition)
On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, John Darrington wrote:
> I have just down-loaded B19.
> I unpack a tar, ready for building. But the configure script comes out as permission 644.
> I do "chmod --verbose 755 configure" and it says "Setting configure to 755 --succeeded" ( or
> words to that effect ) . Yet it hasn't changed a thing.
> What's going on?
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".