This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bool and gcc
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com, inquisit at friko6 dot onet dot pl
- Subject: Re: bool and gcc
- From: "139a80000-HallM(DR3132)37x10" <marcus at bighorn dot dr dot lucent dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:51:59 -0600 (MDT)
- Reply-To: "139a80000-HallM(DR3132)37x10" <marcus at bighorn dot dr dot lucent dot com>
Nikki (aka Inquisitor Nikodemus) asks:
> What does the following mean ?
> .cc:120: warning: name lookup of `index' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
> .cc:119: warning: using obsolete binding at `index'
> What's that "new ANSI 'for' scoping" ?
I believe that this is dealing with code that looks like:
for (int i = 0; i < limit; i++)
In the original ANSI blessing, the scope of `i' extended into more_code, but
the new blessed standard has it extending only through some_code.
Currently, it's probably best to not use this at all.
> And the next one :
> _x.cc:122: request for member `figure' in `nodebufstat', which is of
> non-aggregate type `node *'
> Line 122 is : *(nodebufstat).figure=-1 ;
Try it this way:
(*nodebufstat).figure = -1;
Or, probably more directly:
nodebufstat->figure = -1;
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".