Re: Yet another GNU-Win32 website...

Jeff Sturm <jsturm@sigma6.com> wrote:

> More importantly, before RPM (or any package installer) will succeed on
> cygwin32 there should be some sort of filesystem standard, like the
> FSSTD for Linux.  Does everybody have a /usr directory?  Howabout /var?
> The installer doesn't create these, so for now they are optional...

Quite so. IMHO everyone /should/ have both /usr and /var (and /etc and
/usr/local for that matter). A standard FS layout compatible with
Unix/linux would be no bad thing...

For myself, I use /usr etc. for the standard distribution and stuff
everything else in /usr/local/... (please can we not have arguments for
/opt/... here ;)

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"'Not twisted,' Salzy once said of her own passion, 'it is helical.
 That sounds better.'"
-