This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: help please
- To: Anthony Farley <afarley at work dot gsm dot mq dot edu dot au>
- Subject: Re: help please
- From: Ninja <chunsj at chollian dot net>
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 00:56:06 +0900
- CC: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- References: <000001bdc739$fbd5d480$b0066f89@wallice>
Anthony Farley wrote:
> I have just installed the latest release rather than using a gui compiler I
> want to use gnu ..but I can't seem to locate the text editor or any
> documentation on how to find it ..can some one help please
If you want to find integrated development environment like
MS VC++, then you might not be able to find one. But if you want
just good editor there're several editors. I'm currently using Ultra Editor
and you can use emacs or vim. I highly recommend vim. In Linux
I'm using this and in Windows also. If you accustomed to this edtior
or emacs then you will think that other editor are simply bad.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".