This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
- To: Robert dot Cross at scottish-newcastle dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)
- From: michael at weiser dot saale-net dot de (Michael Weiser)
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:46:44 GMT
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- References: <01J0JUCZD5BM00084N@scottish-newcastle.co.uk>
>o Uses InstallShield, or similar for inital installation. All installation
>including initial to be
> *cleanly* undo-able.
I'm not that fan of the InstallShield-Installation. But perhaps we
could use InstallShield to install a minimal cygwin32 and then run
some (text-mode) install-program to choose packages to install?
>o Base system to use Linux-like file system organisation. One root level, with
> software installed in /bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin.
Like Jeff Sturm suggested I would be good to have some standard for
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".