This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Linking egcs built DLL's with MSVC++??
- To: gnu-win32 <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Linking egcs built DLL's with MSVC++??
- From: Mark Becker <Mark dot Becker at neuroinformatik dot ruhr-uni-bochum dot de>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:16:58 +0200
- Organization: Institut fuer Neuroinformatik, Bochum
a similar kind of question has been asked several times on
this list now, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive
How do I manage to link an egcs-(or gcc) built dll (here: libX11.dll)
to a C++-mainprog (compiled with MSVC++-5.0) with the MSVC linker ?
- Is it possible at all? If yes, does it also works for C++ objects?
- Which steps are necessary?
Apparently I first need a .lib-file (here: libX11.lib) which the
MSVC++ linker understands; but how do I generate this?
When I got the .lib file what else is to be done next?
Many thanks to any help on this matter!
Mark Becker -- Mark.Becker@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Phone: +49-234-x Office:x=700-7988 Secretary:x=700-7997 FAX:x=7094-210
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".