This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tar bug with beta-19?
- To: Jeff Deifik <jdeifik at weasel dot com>
- Subject: Re: tar bug with beta-19?
- From: michael dot mauch at gmx dot de (Michael Mauch)
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:46:32 +0200
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
on Mon, 17 Aug 1998 06:41:09 -0700, you wrote:
> When I tar it up via either,
> tar -cvzf foo f.tar.gz or tar -cvf foo f.tar
> it works fine, except it excludes files that are compressed with gzip.
It works fine here with the Cygwin B 19.3 (coolview).
> I am not sure exactly what flavor of beta-19 I am running;
> is there some easy way to tell, short of getting the latest-and-greatest?
Yes, `uname -vī gives the version of the cygwinb19.dll.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".