This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Use the native Symlinks.
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Use the native Symlinks.
- From: "Henry J. Cobb" <hcobb at telegenisys dot com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 09:58:10 -0700
- Organization: Telegenisys
Why add the concepts of hard and soft links to an operating system that
has soft links? (And that's all you need really, if you drop the flawed
the "operating environment" can hide the true line end markers.)
What symbolic links on eNp-Ty? They're called shortcuts here.
Simply tune the DLL to parse whatever.lnk files and treat them the same
symbolic links and change the LN.EXE program to create shortcuts.
The result is a "filesystem tree" that's browsable from both the GNU and
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".