RE: NT inetd (remote.tar.gz) questions; archive search down

to mount a drive binary, use mount -b <dospath> <unixpath>.

No, as is my wont, I'll ask a question on the same topic after answering one
:-)

Is there a way to mount a drive as BOTH a binary AND a text mount?  In
particular,
I was trying to do this yesterday, mounting c:/ as / in text mode and as
/binc in
binary mode.  However, bash started to complain about reading my .bashrc
(which is
in /) and my PS1 ("\W >") behaved very strangely, I'd get the prompt
correctly, but
anything I typed would type over the prompt, when a command completed, I had
to hit
enter again to see a prompt.

None of this happens if I get rid of the binary mount.

Thanks!
-Peter

Peter A. Vogel
Manager, SW Configuration Management