Re: B20 tar source can't configure itself?

I wanted to add inline bzip2 support to tar so that you could do this:

	tar xvfI foo.tar.bz2

Instead of the two-command two-step, however when I ran "configure" in the
src/tar directory (from full-src.tar.bz2) it chokes before completing the
configure with the following message:

	checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
	you must specify one

Just for kicks, I unpacked and did the same thing with the tar-1.12.tar.gz
archive from a GNU site and configure ran to completion and tar built w/o
complaint (and is in fact the one I'm using now).

However, it would have been nicer if I could have just rebuilt the version that
shipped with the Cygwin sources since it's apparent to me that "you" have made
some changes/additions.

Is the only way I'm going to be able to build this to do a "root" configure -
aka: starting at the root of the Cygwin src tree?

-Ted