Re: f2c and libf2c.a

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 mendes@mgconecta.com.br wrote:

> Hi everybody
>     I am having a little problem with gcc and make stuff when compiling
> fortran-translated-to-C files (using f2c from netlib). Gcc created
> libf2c.a
> just it did in my Sun workstation but the problem is when I try to
> compile my main fortran-translated-to-C file.
> The system sent me the following msgs:
>

> > libf2c.a(iio.o)(.text+0x35): undefined reference to `__errno'
> >   libf2c.a(fmt.o)(.text+0x92): undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
> >   libf2c.a(fmt.o)(.text+0xd83): undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'

Without knowing how you build libf2c, it's impossible to tell. Does look
like that f2c is not including errno.h when using errno (instead probably
using ``extern in errno'', which is incorrect). Don't know about the
_impure_ptr problem.

My suggestion would be to simply use g77 if you don't want to figure out
what's wrong with libf2c.

Regards,
Mumit