snapshots, gas, and MAX_OPCODE_SIZE

Hi all....

	I was compiling the src-dev with the snapshot from 1-15-99.
When gas was being compiled I got an error saying that MAX_OPCODE_SIZE
was not defined.  After searching the archives :) and examining the code
I saw that in the include file /src/include/opcodes/i386.h that
MAX_OPCODE_SIZE had been replaced with MAX_MNEM_SIZE.  That's fine.

	My question is this... Where do I get the proper gas which has this
change in it?  Is is an upgrade to the compiler?

	I know that the snapshots are not assumed to work, but the archives
imply that this was a "stable" snapshot which fixed the problems I was
having under win98.

	I also looked at the most recent snapshot, and i386.h also had the
replacement.

	Whether it was right or not, I added MAX_OPCODE_SIZE=16 to i386.h and
all seems well.

Thanks,

John Fortin
fortinj@ibm.net