Re: Debugging the cygwin DLL

> Anyone have any hints for debugging the Cygwin dll?  The messages I
> found in the archive on the subject were pretty dated.

You should be able to just use gdb to debug it, even as a dll.  Have
you tried?  Hmmm, maybe it's one of those things that didn't make it
into the last beta, or maybe it doesn't work as well as I think it
does.  If you did try, what happened?

> Creating a static version of libcygwin.a seems to be the way to go.
> If anyone has done this already in b20.1, I'd love to hear from
> them.

It can be done, but it's not that easy.  The big problem is that the
DLL has some initialization stuff that doesn't happen if you link it
statically, and it expects some things to be in the dll vs the exe,
like malloc, so you have to replace those as well.