free xserver

Hello,

we at the University of Bergen in Norway are developing free software for
seismology. Until now, we had to make different graphics for PC and Unix,
but using cygwin and x11 it might be possible to just have one version.

The only limitation seems to be the availibilty of free X server software.
I have tested the MIX, but it does not seem stable enough. Good products
are Reflection X, but of course we need something that we can distribute
with our software for free.

Does anyone know about a good free X server ???

Lars