Re: X11 and MINGW32

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Dr. John F. Haddon wrote:

> I am trying to link ADA code (compiled with GNAT 3.11b2) to X11 under
> Windows NT. The GNAT compiler is MINGW based and I can only find CYGWIN
> based X11 binaries.
>
> Can anyone advise me:
> 1)	Where I can get a precompiled MINGW version of X11R6.3 or X11R6.4

There is no such thing. Mingw32 uses Microsoft runtime, which lacks the
facilities needed to build stock X11. There are commercial ports however
that may work for you (Hummingbird for example).

> 2)	How to compile X11R6.4 with the -mno-cygwin flag. (I can compile X11R6.4
> under CYGWIN but not with the -mno-cygwin flag).

Can't, sorry.

However, Suhaib posted a reference to a x11.lib just a few days ago (check
the mailing list archive http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/). You may
want to check that out.

Regards,
Mumit