Re: Any cygwin ports of Berkeley DB libraries?

you just have to get db to compile with cygwin thinking its on a unix machine,
(as opposed to db realizing its on an intel box) and then link your code to the resulting libdb.a

Check the cygwin mail archives for the db code and your source code
modifications you will need.  Specifically, I'm refering to the Message from
Micheal Czapski dated Thu, 27, Aug, 1998.  (subject: gcc ... -U_WIN32.. may cause problems)

A correction to the code snippet listed there is:

	change the line: '#include' to '#include <unistd.h>'

It's a simple fix, and it beats compiling db with msvc++ and porting the .lib
file over.

I would have included the snippet here, but do not have it online at the moment.

Craig Nelson, Cameo Systems Inc.
craig@reversion.ca