Re: Cygwin license

> However, we can, of course, not relax Stanford's restrictions on
> commercial use without their agreement (which seems unlikely). Hence we
> fear that we might be technically in breach of your license if we link
> SimOS against your library, even though we feel that we would be
> adhering to the spirit of it.

You could get a commercial license for cygwin, which would allow you
to choose a more restrictive license for SimOS, but then not allow the
resulting program to be used commercially.

Have you considered djgpp, which has exceptions in its runtime license
to allow for proprietary programs under some circumstances?