Regex woes (and possible solution)

Having checked the archives for a solution to my woes of getting id-utils 3.2d
to work under cygwin with the non-posixified version of regex that is included
and instead finding more people with the same problem as I, I would like to
say that the version included in the package works (where as the one in cygwin
does not). May I suggest that the maintainers look into using that one (it is
under the GPL as it is copyrighted by the FSF.

Cheerios!
--
AJ Reins
permanent e-mail address: aj.reins@usa.net