Problems with stdio & stderr

Earnie,

Thanks, but that did not make a difference.
(I didn't have a CYGWIN env var set, so I
believe I was running with "notty" anyway,
if that's the default.)  Here's a summary
of the circumstances under which
stdio/stderr output is seen from the Win32
DLL:

    CYGWIN=                    tty    notty
    ---------------------      ---    -----
    DOS box                    yes     yes
    Cygwin (bash) box           no     yes
    Emacs (bash) shell          no      no
    Cygwin dejagnu/expect       no      no

In the emacs case, tty returns "not a tty".

(Just a thought: this problem seems similar
to that of the recent thread on Cygwin PATH
env var vs. Win32 PATH env var.)

Any thoughts on whether the callback workaround
will work?  What if my callback needs to take
a variable # of args like printf.  Will a
Win32 call pass the right type of va_list to
a Cygwin function?

Is there any documentation on what changes
were made in cygtclsh80/expect/dejagnu to
port them to Cygwin?  Particularly, how the
stuff that expect does with tty's was
implemented?

Thanks,
    Wayne