Shell scripts?

Hello, I have been using this program for a while now and I cant seem to
figure out how to run shell scripts. I want to run the configure script for
Circle mud but it says "no such file or directory exists" does anyone have an
idea?
here is what the tutorial says:
How to compile using Cygnus GNU-Win32 Tools:
(Type green text as shown)

Get Cygnus completly installed.
Start bash    (After installing GNU-Win32 there should be a shortcut to it in
the start menu)
When you first install Cygnus you will need to use this command in order for
shell scripts to run properly, you only ever have to do this once:
ln -s C:/CYGNUS/B19/H-I386~1/bin /bin
Note: This may be different depending on your version of GNU-Win32, and if
you installed to a different folder.
While in the circle folder type:
./configure <----this is where the error is
When it is done type:
cd src
make
To run it, get into the circle folder again (cd .. if you just compiled it)
./autorun