environment variable visibilty

I am using a win32 application (LabVIEW) along with a Perl program that
needs to access some environment variables.  The win32 application can
use the GetEnvironmentVariable() function to find the value of the env
variable, but only if the win32 application is launched from the shell.
(I'm using tcsh with setenv's in my .tcshrc file) Is there a way to make
env variables visible to win32 applications launched from outside the
shell? (For specific reasons, I have to define these environment
variables in the .tcshrc, so I can't set them through the standard
control panel-system-environment method).

Thanks,

Greg