Problems with Cygwin b19 and b20

(Warning! Warning! Complete and utter newbie alert! : ))

Anyway, I downloaded Cygwin b19 to compile Circle (because I couldn't get it
to work on b20) and I can't even get it to run.  I've an idea what it might
be doing, but don't know how to fix it.  Here are the error messages I
get....

Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Bad command or file name

And then (if you really want to know why I didn't use b20) here is what I
get when I try to run the configure thingie in the folder (ie cd)

me - BASH.EXE-2.02$  ./configure
it - BASH.EXE:  ./configure: No such file or directory

so then I tried....

me - BASH.EXE-2.02$ . configure
it - configure: error: can not find sources in
//D/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN or ..

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?  See, I've been trying to run
configure to create the makefile.  If I could make the makefile I'd be ok.
But the problem there is I have no idea what I'm doing. : )

Storm