Cygwin + telnet + efs => SIGSTOP

Hello, with the Cygwin (20.1) build of XEmacs [version 21.0; Aug 1998]:

I can run the cygwin-linked telnet from inetutils in an XEmacs buffer,
BUT:
as soon as I make an efs buffer, then switch back to the telnet buffer,
I get

Process /usr/local/bin/telnet-light background read attempted from
control tty

which obviously means the telnet process got a SIGSTOP.

I can go to the Signals menu and send a SIGCONT, and that way I get the
last output and another prompt from the telnetted shell; but as soon as
I type the next command, I get the some message again.

This might be a XEmacs issue or Cygwin issue; I don't know.  I don't
have any problems running the telnet program from the Cygwin console
window.

BTW, the ftp program used by efs is also the cygwin based one.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.