Re: PowerPC and GCC!!

The cywin GCC is compiled to generate Intel 386,486... code ONLY.  To generate
code for the powerpc you must use a cross-compiler.  There are a number of
ways to obtain a gcc cross-compiler.

1) build one yourself from the gcc/egcs sources (not recommended for newbies
unless this is what you really want to do).

2) obtain some precompiled binaries.  I would recommend the Oject Software
site (http://www.objsw.com).  It has precompiled binaries (including
libraries) of gcc that target m68k, powerpc, and sh-1.  These run on DOS and
Windows platforms.  Get the powerpc downloads and the -mpowerpc option will
then be recognised.  The web site has the CrossGCC FAQ and details on how to
join the CrossGCC mailing list.

Brendan Simon.