.inputrc and WinNT installation

When installing the Cygwin B20.1 software I set the .inputrc file up as is
described in the installation guide. This turned out not to work the way I
hoped. I still cannot display the special character that my native
language contains in bash (while sh and as, etc display them correctly).
Do you have any suggestions to what could be wrong?

*** (.inputrc)
set convert-meta Off
set meta-flag On
set output-meta On

set completion-ignore-case on
***

Also, I had problems installing Cygwin on WinNT on a NTFS-partition
(installshield returning error 432, complaining about uninstallshield).
Is this because of your installation script or our setup?

// Johan Hattne

            Department of Scientific Computing @ Uppsala University