Bug in B20.1 fdopen()

I am doing a port of mxgdb and xxgdb to cygwin for times when I don't
want/need all of DDD's functionality.

I have com across a bug in cygwin's fdopen() function.

Trying to open a device with anything other than "r" fails and returns a
null pointer. In particular "r+" and "w" both cause a crash.

I have written a code to work around the problem using write() but it is
not pretty. I need to test it a bit more before I am sure that it is
reliable.

Has anybody else come across this?

Mark

Mark Hindley