Upper case filenames

Thank you for releasing Cygwin. I only have one complaint: 'standard'
DOS 8.3 filenames are interpreted as upper case. The same files in the
same dos filesystem under linus look like lower case, which is obviously
correct because the vast majority of 8.3 filenames map onto legit. lower
case names, all the *.cpp, *.h files etc. This problem means that every
file must be renamed unnecessarily and it breaks all makefiles, which
would otherwise work perfectly under both Linux and Cygwin. In other
words, whatever case Linux thinks a filename has, Cygwin should think
the same. It is Cygwin that is faulty, not Linux.

This is a very small complaint considering the marvellous quality of the
product, but I hope you fix it soon nonetheless.

--
Ron House            house@usq.edu.au

The evils of each age always seem self-evidently right at the time.