Re: .bashrc strange behavior

This problem is related to the text vs binary issue.  The user has the files
mounted in binary mode.  The .bashrc has \r\n (or text mode) line endings.  The
\r is being input into the buffer instead of removed causing the problems you
are seeing.

This is the reason I preach leaving the default text mounts and properly
porting the code specifying the processing mode.

Earnie.