Re: post b20.1: How to disable umask and access UNC path

> igoresha@iwmail.com wrote:
> > [...]
> > And in any case does the fact that new code does not work accross network should be considered as a bug?
> > I.e. if I make a new file of a different computer it
> > should be created under the ownership of the account under which I connected to that computer and not the account under which I logged in locally.
>
> This is a illegal implication. You have accessed the other computer via
> smb. This has NOTHING to do with NT security. The correct behaviour is
> to use the SID under which you are logged into the NT network and in
> your example it's the SID of your local login. The resulting `Unknown'
> account on the other computer is a logical consequence because it has
> no access to your local SAM. Moreover, what you do is possible but not
> correct in a NT domain. You should login as domain user when you work
> in a domain. If you use your local login you are mixing two worlds and
> you have to live with the results.

But under NT4 you can always type
net use x: \\ip-address\share password /user:user-name

then you will be logged to ip-address computer regardless of your domain membership under
account you specify.
Then when you create files on "x:" via win32 calls
those files by default will be owned by account under which you logged to ip-address, not under you local account. This IMHO should be the way ntsec support is implemented in CYGWIN.

Regards, Igor Boukanov