Re: c++ in cygnus

It simply means "cygwin1.dll" is not in your searching path.  If you are
running your program under DOS (sounds to me like this), you should add the
directory where "cygwin1.dll" located to your searching path, i.e., put
something like this in your autoexec.bat file:

SET PATH=C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN;%PATH%

I don't think you will have problem running it under cygwin since the
corresponding directory should have been added to your searching path by
"cygnus.bat" when you start it up.  Hope this helps,

-- Leo

burken@metallicafan.com wrote:

> hello, i´v tried cygwin because i needed a compiler for c++
> in windows.
> I compile with the line:
>   c++ -o myprog.exe myprog.cpp
> It works fine, i can run the file and all.
> But when i copy it to an other location and run it from there
> i get the error: cygwin1.dll (i think): file missing or invalid...
> It works when it is in the same direktory as cygwin1.dll but nowhere else.
> Is it supposed to be like that or am i doing something wrong?
>
> best regards
> algoX

Leo J. LEE
Communications and Information Systems Group              ===========
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering                *    _o   #
Univ. of Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, CANADA               *  _ \>_  #
Office: DC-2555B, (519) 888-4567 x3726                    * (_)/(_) #
Home Phone: (519) 746-6734                                ~~~~~~~~~~~