Re: Strange delays - need to recompile bash for latest snapshot?

Philip Aston wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>  > Hi Philip,
>  >
>  > maybe the name philipa is used in /etc/passwd but it's not
>  > your true NT login name?
>
> AFAICT it is - what's the definitive way of asking NT? I think its in
> a different NT domain that I only sync with when I dial up, would this
> be the problem?

As I mentioned in my last mail, it's only a problem if you wish to
use the `ntsec' feature. In this case it's essential that your
passwd and group files are generated according to the SAM of your
NT domain. If you're a domain member,
call `mkpasswd -g -d YOURDOMAIN > /etc/passwd'
and  `mkgroup -d YOURDOMAIN > /etc/group'
else
call `mkpasswd -g -l > /etc/passwd'
and  `mkgroup -l > /etc/group'.

> [...]
> Did I even have to install the "inst" distribution? Whats the miniumum
> needed with a new snapshot?

Nothing. You may still use the old headers and libraries. In this case
you will not get the new features but your new compiled apps are still
compatible to B20.1. If you use the new headers and libs, your new apps
would only run with newer snapshots (since b21.0.8 of late Dec-98).

>  > or set CYGWIN=nontsec.
>
> I did this. Or rather "CYGWIN=tty nontsec", which I assume to be the
> same thing.

Ok, read it as `CYGWIN=... nontsec ...'

> Appears to be fine now, thanks for your help.
>
> - Phil

You're welcome,
Corinna