Re: Available soon -- Cygwin on a CD

> From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
>
> Thanks to your support and feedback, I am pleased to announce the
> commercial availability of Cygwin 1.0.  ...
>
> We are calling this version of Cygwin version 1.0 but it is essentially
> B21.  ...

Good stuff, but I'm a bit confused about how various things relate.

1) Does this mean that there will be no more net releases?

2) I might not be reading it thoroughly enough, but it looks to me
   from the Web page that everything on the CD is GPL or similar.
   I assume this means that someone could buy the CD and copy the
   whole thing to a website for free download. Is this correct?
   (I'm not suggesting that anyone would, and certainly not that
   they should - just trying to understand the release model.)

3) I gather this has the same relationship to the GNUPro release
   (what I've always thought of previously as "the commercial
   release") that the net releases have - basically that you can
   only generate Open Source products with this CD and if you
   want to use the same(ish) tools to generate a 'traditional'
   software product, you have to pay for the GNUPro release.
   I'm sure this is correct, but I'd got confused by this being
   described as a commercial release - or am I still confused?

4) If Cygwin 1.0 will be made available as a net release, will it
   happen before or after 8 April 2005?

It'll be great to see this on shop shelves, and very interesting
to see how many buy it! Good Luck.