Re: Win 2000

In a message dated 10/14/99 9:50:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
george@eddieware.org writes:

> How I would detect the OS variable WINVER to be
>  related to Win2000 (NT5.0)
Yes, at least in beta 3, it identifies itself as nt5.  The only place I know
where the gcc compiler distribution checks Windows versions is in libU77,
where NT5 is treated the same as NT4.  AFAIK cygwin also treats NT5 the same
as NT4 but it doesn't exhibit all the NT4 bugs when running under W2K.  It
beats me how you could make a program more portable by distinguishing between
them.

Tim
tprince@computer.org