O.T.: Help whit Virus

      Hi all, i know that this,list is about programming win32 apps with GNU
tools, but i hope someone can give some advise with this situation, sorry if
this bothers anyone....

      What happens is this: we got in workspace a machine with a 3.0G hard drive,
it started with some failures and some programs made illegal operations...a
friend rebooted the machine to see if this would fix things but then when it
tries to load the boot record from HD it says I/O disk error, we then tried
to boot from a floppy and we were succefull but the problem is that the windows
directory is aparently gone and many others dirs and files, except some sys
files and two strange files with unusuall names in ascii characters, each file
had three chars for name, but the think is that one of these files had size
about 4.1G !!!!!!!!

    Anyone knows what happened ??? was this a virus, throjan or worm ??? and
if it was any of them can we recover the info in the HD ??? My guessing is that
it could be a virus or throjan and it messed up with the FileSystem information
as the Bios and fdisk say both that the Partition table is allright...

    Can anyone give some light on the matter ???

    Thanks and again sorry but we had important source code...please reply to
my mail address not to the list...

                           Pedro Antonio
or reply to.

fito
fito@crosswinds.net
ICQ 14757500

Registrate y obten un correo gratuito, seguro y de por vida en: http://www.OficinadeCorreo.com.

Ahora te regalamos computadoras, viajes, cenas y cientos de productos con solo registrarte, invita a tus familiares y amigos a pertenecer a nuestra comunidad.