Mmap problem

	I'm trying to port Khoros Pro 2001 to NT using cygwin, and
	am having a problem with the mmap call.

	Khoros has a transport abstraction that makes using mmap, tcpip,
	file, pipes, or memory all look like a standard unix file, allowing
	users to use our k* file i/o calls to read and write to each
	different kind of transport.  Anyway, the mmap transport, in order
	to avoid excessive resizing, forces the underlying mmap'ed file
	to grow more than the write call needs.  At close time, we
	ftruncate the file back to the size it's supposed to be.  The
	problem is that ftruncate is returning with an access error.
	This works on all the unix systems we've ported to.

	I've tried the ftruncate both before and after the munmap call
	with the same results.  Any ideas what else I can try, or am I
	just out of luck?

	I'm using Cygwin1.0 on a Windows NT 4.0 box.

	Thanks for any help.

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	    steve@haunt.com