RE: Cygwin 1.0 "issues"

Chris, thanks.

Ok, I can see that I'm going to have to come up with some concrete cases for
you to look at.

Yes, Cygwin does accept Win-style paths - sometimes.  Or perhaps I'm having
trouble with the way Cygwin insists on rewriting the paths into its style -
which means they cannot be used by my native utils.

But you see, this is exactly my point.  Cygnus didn't spent much time on
tcsh or the other contrib stuff - nor do I expect you to be able to.
Business is business and cygwin isn't a cash cow for you.  So this means I
have to rely on ports from a variety of sources, which means I have to get
them working together.

With b20, everything worked together beautifully.  But the path handling has
obviously changed in 1.0, and now I'm having fits trying to get my tools to
work together.  I was much happier when Cygwin didn't try as hard to emulate
UNIX paths.  (Yes, I understand the motivation for it though.)

If I'm the only person having this much trouble with it, though, then I
suppose I'll just have to work it out for myself.

Thanks,

rog