Re: Problems with Mingw and DLL

Josh Pollak <jbp4@cornell.edu> writes:
> Hello,
>
> 	As far as I can tell, this is the proper place to discuss this sort of
> thing. I am trying to compile a DLL for Mingw (Without cygwin), that I can
> already compile successfully in Visual C 6.0. I have heard from the author
> of the sdk I am using that this will not work because:
>
>  >Currently vtable referencing doesn't work with the EGCS GCC (Mingw) for
> Windows.  So
>  >you must make sure you use the C-Interface functions instead of the DMFC
> class
>  >members.

I don't know what this means, so could you please ask for a testcase and
forward it to me. There are some obvious bugs in handling of imported
classes with virtual functions (it has to do with creating vtables that
need references to the function, and imported functions can't be constant
addresses).

Regards,
Mumit