Cygwin 1.0 CD

Is this the method for reporting Cygwin 1.0 CD problems?

The Cygwin 1.0 installer appears to mount / and all of it's subdirs as
binary.

I am running into a problem installing header files.

The compile fails whenever the header file has a \ at the end
(for line continuation).  I suspect because of the CR/LF.

Makefiles with line continuations also do not work when executed from
any of the Cygwin paths.

Are we supposed to always convert text files to unix format before copying
them to the cygwin mount point?

John Fralinger