Re: ActiveX/OCX - programming

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 10:34:24AM +0300, Ernest Poletaev wrote:
> > > Is it possible to develop and use ActiveX controls using Mingw32? And if
> yes,
> > > how can it be done?
> All my experiments failed. You may create simple interfaces (you'll need to
> port some ole headers), but problem is type library - at this time cygwin
> don't have midl compiler. Microsoft's midl compiler depend on they C
> compiler, so it not working with cygwin.

Oh yes, i forgot the typelib problem!  If you don't have a way to make
those then you're entirely out of luck.  (Well, i believe there once was
some `demo version' of visual basic, maybe you could somehow use that...)

 Regards,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
(remove dot foo from address to reply)