recv system call problem

Hi all,

I downloaded Mumit Khan's version of the cygwin libraries and compiled a
copy of cvs.  For some reason, the 'recv' system call is returning zero.
I don't think it is supposed to do that.  recv can only return -1 or the
number of bytes received.  The function call is requesting 1 byte.  The
code is not written to check for the 0 case, thus I see an infinite loop.

I tried backing out of Mumit's library and I still have the same problem.
Note, this used to work with a prebuilt cvs.exe.  After it stopped working,
I built my own.  But it didn't fix the problem.  I don't know why the
original binary started to fail.

Has anyone ran into this problem?  Thanks in advance for any help.

--
jimen@adtech-inc.com     Adtech, Inc.    (808) 734-3300