Re: [RFC] changing gcc default output executable name (a.exe now)

Hi, Mumit

Here's a different perspective.  Things work fine as is.  Starting
with source file hello.c, the command
	make hello
gives me just what I want.  No makefile is necessary, of course; it's
all taken care of by make.  Starting with hello[123].c, the command
	make hello1 hello2 hello3
again gives me just what I want:  three executables hello1.exe, ....

Yes, it's lots of people's habit to do things the hard way, by
specifying explicit compiler name, but let's not change their
expectations needlessly.

Richard