B20.1 tcsh-6.08.00 oddity

Hi,

I've using B20.1 and the latest tcsh port (termcap version), and I'm
experiencing something a bit strange. Basically, whenever I do an 'ls'
in a directory it causes all the icons on the Windows98 to refresh
briefly - this is somewhat disconcerting to say the least (I don't
remember this happening when I used the old DJGPP port of tcsh - but it
may have?)!

I've searched the list archives briefly, and I can't find anyone else who
has experienced this phenomenon. I'm sorry, I don't understand anything
about termcap so it could be something really silly. Following advice from
from the list archives, I have set things up as follows: I am running a
standard DOS window, with "setenv TERM cygwin", and I have symlinked
C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/etc to C:/etc so that the tcsh .exe can find it.

Am I doing something wrong - or is this just a recognized quirk?

cheers,
ian