RE: Making GCC 2.95.2 Problems

Okay,

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/ is where I got my gcc-2.95.1 from so I
was not completely out of the loop.  I am at least referencing the correct
pages for software to download.  I downloaded, bunzipped and then followed
instructions.  They started with:

The installation procedure is broken into five steps.

downloading the source
configure
build
test (optional)
install
INSTALLING GCC: CONFIGURATION
Like most GNU software, GCC must be configured before it can be built. This
document describes the recommended configuration procedure for both native
and cross targets.
We use srcdir to refer to the toplevel source directory for GCC; we use
objdir to refer to the toplevel build/object directory.
To configure GCC:

% mkdir objdir
% cd objdir
% srcdir/configure [target] [options]
target specification

I did not make an objdir, but instead guessed that
c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/usr/local was the objdir I needed. (Am I wrong here?)
I then configured from the directory c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/usr/local.  That
was successful.

The next part of the documentation read:

INSTALLING GCC: BUILDING
Now that GCC is configured, you are ready to build the compiler and runtime
libraries.

Building a native compiler
For a native build issue the command `make bootstrap'. This will build the
entire GCC system, which includes the following steps:

I did this command in the local directory, and this is where I am stuck as
referenced before.