Re: Linking with MySQL client libs, stdcall fns

Hi,

> I'm currently trying to link with the MySQL client libraries
> to connect to a MySQL server running on my LAN.  I have downloaded
> the Win32 .dll & .lib file from MySQL's home page (http://www.mysql.org/),
> but have found a strange problem with
> actually linking with these libraries.

the client libs and applications from mysql-3.22.x can be compiled as Cygwin
build from the source tree itself. The "Cygwin Porting Project" has provided
pre-compiled libs of libmysqlclient.a and the mysql client applications to TcX.
They are available as downloads on the official site.

The library can be found on our web site at

    http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

The mysqld daemon is currently not Cygwin supported due to the fact that Cygwin
is still lacking the full functionality of the phtreads.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@infomatec-pwi.de>

Infomatec-PWI GmbH -- "Wherever you go - we are there!"
http://www.infomatec-pwi.de/

Münsterstraße 246     Telefon: 0211 - 74845-100
40470 Düsseldorf      Telefax: 0211 - 74845-299