Re: resource files

From: "alexx" <alexx@inbox.lv>
> Hi all!
> I want to use icons and other resources in my win32 program. Is it
> possible to compile and use .res files in Cygwin/mingw32? Or maybe
> there's another way for embedding resources into exe? Thanks for help!

Use windres to compile the resource file:

  windres -i foo.rc -o foo.o

Then just include the .o file in the link step along with the rest of
the modules. (Native Windows compilers use a .res file as an
intermediate step between .rc and .obj; this isn't needed with Cygwin's
windres.)

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand