Re: Building joe 2.8 with gcc 2.95.2

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 04:34:59PM -0800, Jeff wrote:
>Ok.  Well, the prototype from stat.h
>
>int     _EXFUN(mkdir,( const char *_path, mode_t __mode ));
>
>appears to take two arguments, and the relevant lines in dir c
>
>int mkdir(s)
>char *s;
> {
>
>Has only one.  I don't know if this is the problem, but I know that joe
>built just fine with the compiler that originally came with Cygwin 20.1
>(egcs-2.91.57, if one is to believe the directory name).  I didn't keep
>that build of joe because it was unstable and did some quirky things; I
>was hoping to get better results with a later CYGWIN1.DLL and gcc.  Any
>help greatly appreciated.

mkdir takes two arguments on UNIX.  That's how it works.  I'm not sure
what is happening in joe but, usually, something like a mkdir() function
is only compiled in when there is no corresponding function in the C
library, although, I don't know how there could possibly be a workaround
for a missing mkdir.

You need to examine the source more thoroughly and figure out what is
going on.  This would be a problem on nearly any UNIX system that it was
compiled on, too.

cgf