DLL's & Cygwin

I am new to cygwin and am trying to port a program from UNIX to the PC.
It uses a shared library.  A version of that library exists on the
PC/WINNT 4.0 and resides there as a DLL under Winnt\system32.  I would
like to access the DLL via the source code which I am compiling under
cygwin-B20.1  Has anybody done anything similar to this?  I'd really
appreciate any insights you might have on this.

Thank you for your help.

Maurine
--
J. Maurine Moss
First consulting Group Management Services