Internal Compiler Error

OK let me give you some more pieces of information about my problem
Cygwin B20 is installed on NT4 Server and / is mounted to f: drive where Everybody has full
control permissions. There is a sudirectory of f:, f:\tmp where again Everybody has full control permitions. Drive f: on the server is shared as "unix" to the network so when I am on a NT Workstation I can map this share as drive z:. So I can make a shortcut to z:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\cygnus.bat where all drive letters are changed to z:. Up to here everything is fine, I can start the bash shell and my prompt says a nice "user@pc13 ~ >" (it recognises who i am and the pc i am working on). If I am administrator I can also use gcc and compile my programs nicely (simple programs because I teach an intoduction to language C). If i am an ordinary user and try to compile something like main(){printf("Hello");} i get the error message

/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/gcc/choose-temp.c:206: Internal Compiler error in function make_temp_file

I dont think that it is a permissions problem on /tmp because Everybody has full control.
Is it something wrong about the above installation? Please help because I cant allow all my students to log on as administrators!!!

Thank you very much

Christodoulos Fragoudakis
cfrag@cs.ntua.gr