This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: containing a VIRUS.
- To: guy <guycadoche at mail dot com>
- Subject: Re: containing a VIRUS.
- From: "Doug Wyatt" <dwyatt at sunflower dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:29:56 -0600
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-to: dwyatt at sunflower dot com
For what it's worth, I downloaded the DLL in question and scanned
it with McAfee VirusScan 4.0.3a, scan engine 4.0.50, virus defs
4.0.4071. No virus!
Is your anti-virus tool current? If so, send a copy of the file (cygwin1.dll)
to your anti-virus tool's manufacturer and ask them to verify that it truly
contains some virus. More than likely, your indication that it contains
a virus is a false positive.
> I connect to your site at
> In this location Iwas interested by cdrtools and let go to
> in this location downloading cygwin1.dll was containing a VIRUS.
> Please check and remove.
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com