This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why is make so bloody slow (for me)
- To: Corinna Vinschen <corinna at vinschen dot de>
- Subject: Re: why is make so bloody slow (for me)
- From: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:54:28 -0700
- cc: cygwin <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
>> Kevin Layer wrote:
>> > >> I'm using W2K since B3 and I never saw _that_ one. On my machine
>> > >> PII 450, it runs fast enough. On the first glimps you wouldn't
>> > >> see a difference to NT4.
>> > >>
>> > >> So I would like to ask some questions:
>> > >>[...]
>> Could you do me two favors?
>> - Please try that `make -debug' with the latest snapshot from
>> the sourceware server.
Where would that be? I'll be happy to try it.
>> Do you see a clear speed up?
>> Does the SIGCHLD problem still exist?
>> - If changing the dll doesn't help, could you please strace
>> `make -debug' and send the output as .gz file directly
>> to my mail address (not to the mailing list, please)?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com